Artifacts are remnants of the previous civilizations that inhabited Aven Prime. Recovered either on the colony map or through expeditions, they can provide powerful bonuses to the entire colony (activated via the policies screen).
- To acquire an artifact, you need a research center and an artifact containment unit (one per artifact). Once an expedition recovers the artifact, you can request its analysis in the research center menu.
- Each artifact lasts for a limited duration (different for each artifact), and then recharges over a period of time (again, varies per artifact). Once activated, it cannot be shut back down.
- Charge: Instantly charges batteries with a fixed amount of energy (may or may not max them out).
- Shielding: Creates a protective shield in a large radius around the containment unit, protecting from creep and plague spores, ice shards, and lighting strikes.
- Unity: Provides a major boost to morale.
- Cleansing: Instantly removes all plague and creep spores across the map, both airborne and already deployed. Any existing infections among buildings and colonists are also removed.